▪ Overnight visitor arrivals between Oct.1, 2015 and Sept. 30 hit an all-time high at 15.8 million travelers, up 5.3 percent over the previous fiscal year. Arrivals at Miami International Airport were 4.8 percent higher than the previous year, at 22.8 million.
▪ Passenger arrivals at PortMiami hit nearly 5 million travelers, an increase of 1.3 percent and a world record.
▪ At hotels, the number of room nights sold rose by 3 percent over last year at 14.8 million.
▪ Overall, travelers who came to Miami-Dade County spent a combined $25.6 billion, an increase of 2 percent over the last fiscal year.
▪ The leisure and hospitality industry employed 2.3 percent more workers over the same time period. The industry now employes 136,400 people, a number that has been increasing monthly for nearly seven years.